Hello everyone, and depending on when you’re reading this, Happy New Year!
Since this will be my last post for 2018, I thought that listing down my 2019 New Year’s resolution would be the perfect way to end the year for this blog of mine.
Keep in mind that unlike my usual posts, I won’t be talking about any specific item on this list, but I’m planning to make a response post at the end of 2019 to share with you how I fared throughout the year with my resolutions. I hope it’ll be a good year for me, and for you guys, too!
I’m limiting myself to 10 things on the list this year, as I had tried writing 100 of them by the end of 2016, and only achieved a handful by the end of 2017. My 2018, on the other hand, was not crowded with unrealistic expectations, and I fared much, much better this year.
- Produce & publish a new book.
- Hold a giveaway on my Instagram account.
- Blog consistently for another year!
- Handwrite an entire novel with my fountain pen.
- Get a new job.
- Start living minimalist.
- Travel abroad.
- Start a new business with a friend.
- Read 50 stories (book/e-book/etc.) in a year.
- Decide on a new concept for my Instagram, and stick with it!
In retrospect, here was my new year’s resolution list for 2018:
- Complete a new book (or two!)
- Get back into poetry writing
- Consume books, movies, documentaries, articles, etc. about other countries’ cultures, how their daily lives are like, what do they eat, what are their social anxieties, etc.
- Post new content on my website every week consistently
- Hold another writing retreat, and perhaps letting some friends join in
- Procuring a nice fountain pen to reward myself if all of the above are fulfilled.
And I’m proud to announce that I have completed each and every one of the items above in 2018. Hurray for me! 🙂
Here’s hoping that 2019 would be as benevolent to me as 2018 was. Cheers!
Speaking of which, I’ve decided that I would be taking a month off in January from blogging. Creating quality contents is hard, and I want to make sure to revitalize myself before producing new contents for the blog. Please rest assured; I would still be replying to comments, and I would still be active both on my Instagram and Twitter.
Speaking of Instagram, I’d still be running the writing prompts challenge every Saturday morning (Western Indonesian Time), so feel free to participate!
Again, happy new year, everyone! I hope you guys are having a splendid holiday this year.
I will be posting new content every Saturdays, be it writerly stuff, or just things that I like to write about. This includes my own stories, information about my books, and things that interest me. Keep yourself updated by following me on Twitter and Instagram.